Job Overview & Description
Status: Full Time Hourly, $13.00/hour base rate + shift differential, may be adjusted DOE
Hours: 40 hours/week, second or third shift
Benefits: Yes, after 60 working day probationary period
High school diploma or GED required.
Must submit required criminal record, FBI fingerprint, and child abuse clearances.
1. Provide Custodial services including but not limited to the following:
Dry and wet mop floors
Clean doors and glass
Move and distribute custodial supplies
Move and clean furniture
Prepare facility for events
Lock and unlock doors and gates per schedule
Empty and clean waste and garbage containers
Strip and wax floors
2. Work independently and with others to perform required tasks.
3. Communicate with staff, students, service providers, contractors, and visitors in an professional, effective, and timely manner.
4. Recognize and react appropriately to difficult situations and maintain confidentiality.
5. Assume other duties as assigned by the Director of Buildings and Grounds, the Assistant Director of Buildings and Grounds, or other appropriate administrator.
About York Tech
For over 50 years, the York County School of Technology has provided high-quality, dynamic academic and technical education to its students. As a result, York Tech graduates are both career and college ready, and we have been ranked as the #1 comprehensive technical school in the state of Pennsylvania. We're proud to serve a diverse population of 1,700 students from 14 sending school districts in York County. You can learn more about our programs and students in the following videos.
The York County School of Technology is dedicated to providing high quality, dynamic academic and technical education for students, emphasizing professional skills while fostering the development of compassionate, lifelong learners who appreciate unique differences of other individuals and cultures.
In order to accomplish our mission, the York Tech community has embraced six core values: professionalism, empathy, innovation, optimism, integrity, and perseverance.
The York County School of Technology does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. Inquiries may be directed to Mr. Gerry Mentz, Director of Student Services, at 2179 S. Queen Street; York, Pennsylvania 17402; 717-741-0820 x5108; or email@example.com.